Location: Tucson, AZ
Security Clearance: TS/SSBI/SCI
We are seeking self-starters who love the desert and want to work in a multi-disciplinary R&D environment with similarly motivated electrical engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists who are collectively responsible for creating custom digital signal processing solutions and communications systems in support of national security defense.
Under general supervision, this individual will work on small project teams to conceive, analyze, design, implement, test, deploy, and maintain software-based solutions for modern communications systems.
Implementation includes algorithm development, hardware control, GUI design, and database development.
The right candidate will be expected to demonstrate disciplined work habits leading to products that are well-structured, documented, and carefully tested.
This position will allow for direct interaction with end users and customers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, or other equivalent field of discipline
• Demonstrated capability in scientific programming with C, C++, or similar high-level language on Unix/Linux
• Strong background in DSP or in communications theory
• Relocation to sunny Tucson, Arizona
• Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, or other equivalent field of discipline
• 5+ years of experience in practical system development and deployment
• X-Midas or MATLAB experience
Applicable Background (experience in any of the following):
- LIDAR theory, applications, or simulation experience
- Satellite communications
- Cellular communications systems
- Modern wireless protocols
- Radio Frequency (RF) system design
- Electronic Warfare
- Modern modulation schemes
- Algorithm development
- Signal geolocation
- Signal conditioning
- Interference canceling
- Coding theory and techniques