Location: Denver, CO
Security Clearance: US Citizen/Clearable
This engineer will apply mathematics and physics to design and develop complex positioning systems for RF signals in demanding collection environments.
In this role, the selected individual will be responsible for geolocation algorithm development, system engineering, and software implementation and testing.
Experience with an existing geolocation approach/engine in a classified application/environment is a definite plus.
Work includes system support through all phases of the life cycle from concept through final delivery, using an iterative design methodology to maximize productivity.
Solutions are implemented on virtualized platforms.
You will have access to a well-equipped computer / signal processing lab with emphasis on real data rather than simulation.
- BS (MS or PhD preferred) in Electrical Engineering (preferred), Applied Math, Remote Sensing, or similar discipline
- Demonstrated capability in scientific programming, especially C/C++
- Relocation to sunny Tucson, Arizona; Denver, Colorado is a potential alternative
- Possess (or ability to obtain) and maintain an SCI security clearance (US citizenship required)
- Experience with an existing geolocation approach/observable processor in a classified application/environment
- Strong DSP fundamentals
Applicable background includes GPS or other navigation systems; geolocation observable processing of TDOA only and TDOA/TDOA-dot (FDOA) measurements; electromagnetic propagation; multipath and interference mitigation; and mathematical techniques such as non-linear optimization and unbiased correlation.