We are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator who is excited about using the latest technologies available.
This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs.
The commitment of our employees to “Engineering Results” is the catalyst that has propelled us to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing.
Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technologysolutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Builds and Maintains Linux servers, creates monitoring reports and logs, and ensures functionality of system links
• Monitors systems for acceptable performance and user accessibility, establishes back-ups
• Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems; may perform configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
• Installs, configures and tests software package
• Implementing virtualization solutions
• Configuration of Storage Technologies
• Development of scripts for automation of build-out and configuration of virtualized systems
• Monitoring for firmware updates, IAVA patches, configuration best practices
• Work with project teams, delivery partners to configure, design, develop, and deploy virtualization solutions in support of enterprise systems
• A Top Secret clearance is the minimum requirement to begin employment.
• Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in CS or similar.
• 5+ years of experience Linux/UNIX (Red Hat/CentOS preferred)
• 5+ years of experience working in data center environments with related equipment (servers, PDU’s, Racks, cabling, etc.)
• 2+ years of experience in virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM, etc.
• Shell Scripting (*NIX)
• DoD 8750.01 IAT1 certified (current Security+ or better)
• Cisco networking familiarity
• Git or Subversion familiarity
• Puppet (or equivalent automation tool) familiarity